- Please call us for FREE help:
- (866) 531-0695
About Integral Senior Living
Integral Senior Living is a fast-growing company in the senior living space that specializes in managing senior living communities. Founded in 2000, the company provides residential care options that empower and encourage personal growth and achievement for seniors. The company is headquartered in Carlsbad, California, and operates 56 communities in Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, Utah, and Washington.
Integral Senior Living was "founded on a care philosophy that fosters dignity and respect for residents and promotes their independence and individuality."
About Integral's Residents
Residents of Integral Senior Living communities vary in their needs and reasons for choosing to live there. Some residents are active seniors looking for a comfortable, independent environment where they can access activities and enjoy certain amenities. Other residents are in need of a little more assistance with daily life. And some residents are dealing with memory issues that can make daily life a little more complicated. All residents are treated with dignity and respect, and provided with opportunities for enjoyment.
Senior Living Options
Integral Senior Living operates a variety of facilities that meet the needs of different sectors of seniors. Each facility has a tailored approach to meet the individual needs of its residents. And family is always welcome to visit and participate in the care of the residents.
- Independent Living Facilities: Independent Living is perfect for active seniors who want the benefits of the resort-like features of living in a retirement community while being able to live in well-appointed apartments with the familiar comfort of their own furniture and decorations. Even better? Those who live in Independent Living apartments can either enjoy freshly prepared meals in the facility's dining room or cook for themselves in the apartments. There's also laundry service, transportation, and social events. There's also 24-hour staffing to help with all needs.
- Assisted Living Facilities: Assisted Living is ideal for those who need a little more help with daily life. Residents can receive help with bathing, grooming, dressing, and more, while also maintaining dignity and independence. It combines housing with services and personal care that's tailored to the individual's needs.
- Generations Program: For those with Alzheimer's/dementia, the Generations program is prepared to help with the unique challenges of dealing with memory loss and dementia. The secured space is warm and calming, filled with familiarity to help provide the person with the best care possible. Residents socialize, have visits from family members, and can also receive special assistance from staff. It's resident-centered care that focuses strongly on the strengths of each person.
- Respite Care: For seniors in need of more short-term assistance, Respite Care is available for a few days or weeks of residence. Those in Respite Care can stay in furnished apartments, enjoy prepared meals and housekeeping services, as well as participate in activities and utilize transportation services. There is also assistance available for those every-day tasks that can sometimes be a little harder to manage alone.
Staff Training and Oversight
The staff at Integral Senior Living facilities is trained to handle the unique needs of their residents and maintain the company's standards of care. A well-regarded company, Integral Senior Living focuses on rewarding facility teams that exemplify the intended culture of the brand through the "Culture Keepers" program. This prestigious program is something the staff strives to uphold.
The Culture Keepers program is embodied in 12 statements the company adopted to represent their mission, values, and vision:
- Be passionate about what you do every day
- Have fun and work hard
- Work smarter not harder
- Want to come to work every day
- Accountability to walking the walk
- If you have a problem bring a solution with you too
- We are a company of common sense, keep it simple
- Take your work seriously, but yourself not so seriously
- Take something ordinary and make it fun
- Be a positive advocate for change
- Love communities for everything they are and everything they are not
- Never settle for good enough, good is the enemy of great.
Furthermore, employees are recognized for going above and beyond through the "Best of the
Best" program. Those selected as the "Best of the Best," are rewarded with a special certificate
The company also prides itself on attracting senior managers with proven track records.
Culinary Excellence: Integral's Dining by Design Program
Integral Senior Living boasts one of the best culinary practices in the country with its Dining by Design program, which was launched in October 2009. The company assembled a task force committee to plan, research, and collaborate on the program.
The program includes anytime dining, signature dishes, and well-rounded food choices. Residents can enjoy a dining experience with good food and conversation, which makes the whole experience even better.
For potential residents who need financial assistance to join the Integral Senior Living community, the company partners with several providers to help.
Life Care Funding Group, for instance, helps seniors with a "life settlement" - the sale of an in- force life insurance policy - to help finance their living experiences. The process takes between 30 and 90 days, and there are no upfront costs. The policy holder receives a lump-sum payment.
The Department of Veteran's Affairs has the Aid & Attendance benefit for eligible veterans, surviving spouses, and some couples. The benefit can be up to $1,800 per month
If cost is a concern, potential residents can also opt for semi-private suites in the Independent or Assisted Living community. An apartment is shared among seniors, saving on costs.
Gold Key Club
Community residents, families, and friends can be rewarded with cash, special events, and recognition for referring new residents. Those who refer new residents are also granted membership into the Gold Key Club.
Integral Senior Living was founded by Sue Farrow, who has overseen the growth and expansion of the company since its inception in 2001. The company now employs more than 2,000 people. She's a founding board member and past president of the California Assisted Living Facilities Association as well as a board member of the Assisted Living Federation of America.
The President and CFO of Integral Senior Living, Tracee DeGrande is a member of the executive board of the American Senior Housing Association, which is comprised of industry executives.
Chief Operating Officer Collette Valentine joined the company in 2010, and was promoted from vice president of operations and marketing. She previously held executive positions at other senior residence management companies.
Integrated Senior Living operates a company blog, ISL Blog (http://ourislblog.wordpress.com/), where they share good news from their properties. The blog features posts about notable birthdays of residents (like Gladys Hahn, a resident at Quail Ridge Senior Living who celebrated her 105th birthday recently) as well as news about staff awards and recognition, special events (like the young couple who were wed at one facility so grandparents in residence could be present) and more.
Speak To a Care Advisor
- A Checklist For Evaluating Assisted Living Facilities
- Choosing a Nursing Home Or Assisted Living Facility
- A Guide To Senior Care Options Terminology
- How To Have The Conversation With Your Parents About The Transition
- How Much Does Senior Care Cost?
- Comparing Costs For In-Home Care, Nursing Homes, Assisted Living And Adult Day Care
- How Do I Begin The Search For Care Options?
- What Assistance Is Available To Help Pay For Care?
- Evaluating A Care Provider