60 Gregory Blvd, Norwalk, CT
|Share This Care Provider:||
User Reviews Add Review...
To be the first to provide feedback on The Marvin click here...
Description of The Marvin in Norwalk, CT
Number of Beds : 49
The Marvin, located in Norwalk, Connecticut provides the following services: Senior Community. The Marvin has a very good hospital, Norwalk Hospital Association, located nearby, which scored a 94 out of 100 in its most recent Medicare review. The The Marvin's nearest hospital is 1 miles away. The zipcode (00000) in Connecticut, where The Marvin is located, has an above average safety rating based on recent crime statistics.
The Marvin is a Senior Community. Senior communities are for seniors who can take care of themselves. It is often a set of apartments in a variety of sizes from studios to large two bedrooms, where seniors live independently, but may receive additional services like transportation, pools, a convenience store, bank, barber/beauty shop, resident laundry, housekeeping, and security, are all services and amenities that may be provided there.
celebrating seniors and children…
The Marvin offers affordable congregate housing to senior citizens. Located in Norwalk, Connecticut, The Marvin opened in March 1997 and provides 49 one-bedroom apartments. The Marvin Children’s Center is in an adjoining wing of the facility offering an innovative approach to meet the needs and build on the strengths of both the very young and the elderly.
Congregate housing is appropriate for many senior citizens who need occasional help, but do not require the breadth of services available at a nursing home. Congregate services are included for residents of The Marvin to assist them in remaining independent. Participation in the congregate services program is required. The Marvin’s congregate services include:
• One meal per day (dinner);
• Light housekeeping (weekly);
• 24 hour emergency coverage;
• Linkages with city, state and private providers for support services.
Apartments at The Marvin are available to applicants who meet all of the following guidelines:
• Adults 62 years of age or older, or two-person families, provided one is at least 62 years of age or older;
• Total gross family annual income, from all sources, including interest from assets, cannot exceed State of Connecticut income guidelines, as well as funding guidelines (Annual Income, from all sources, must be under 50% of AMI);
• Persons who are able to live independently, but who have temporary or periodic difficulty with at least one of the essential Activities of Daily Living;
• Persons who meet the State of Connecticut criteria for Congregate Housing for the Frail Elderly.
Applications may be submitted during open application periods. Following submission of a completed application, eligibility criteria are confirmed and income is verified. A Lottery is held to determine the Waiting List order. Personal interviews are conducted to ensure that The Marvin will meet the needs of the applicant.
Residents are selected in compliance with Fair Housing Laws and State of Connecticut Guidelines for Congregate Housing for the Frail Elderly.
For more information about The Marvin call (888) 322-7440 to speak with a local Care Advisor
Demographic Profile for Norwalk, CT,00000
Please Note Zip code-level crime information is provided by U.S. Census data. OurParents ALWAYS recommends that you visit the facility and check with local law enforcement authorities, and draw your own conclusions about the safety of any given care provider and area.