- Please call us for FREE help:
- (866) 531-0695
Autumn Home Plus
747 Nw Walnut Ln, TOPEKA, KS
- Assisted Living
- Alzheimer's Care
- Nursing Home
- Micro-Community: Residential Care Facility
- Short Term Care: Rehabilitation, Respite
- Medicare No
- Medicaid Yes
- Veteran's Benefits No
- Long Term Care Insurance No
- Subsidy Available No
Are You the Community Manager?
If you are associated with Autumn Home Plus , click the Claim Listing button to contact a representative about a free listing with our referral program.
- Nationwide Network of Care Advisors
- Work with 25,000 families each month
- Market your community with Photos, Videos, FAQ
Do you reside in or have a loved one in Autumn Home Plus ?
To be the first to provide feedback on Autumn Home Plus click here...
Description of Autumn Home Plus in TOPEKA, KS
Built In 2007 , Number of Beds : 7
Autumn Home Plus, located in Topeka, Kansas provides the following services: Assisted Living, Alzheimer's Care, Nursing Home, Micro-Community: Residential Care Facility, and Short Term Care: Rehabilitation, Respite. It accepts the following payment methods: Medicaid. Autumn Home Plus has a very good hospital, Stormont Vail Healthcare, located nearby, which scored a 95 out of 100 in its most recent Medicare review. The Autumn Home Plus's nearest hospital is 1 miles away. The zipcode (66617) in Kansas, where Autumn Home Plus is located, has a below average safety rating based on recent crime statistics.
Autumn Home Plus is a nursing home. It provides medical nursing service for seniors with serious illnesses or disabilities twenty-four hours a day, delivered by registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, and certified nurse aids.
Nursing care facilities cater to several types of patients: some patients require short-term rehab while recovering from surgery; others require long-term nursing and medical supervision. In addition, some nursing homes offer specialized care programs for Alzheimer's or other illnesses, or short-term respite care for frail or disabled persons when a family member requires a rest from providing care in the home. Please note that you can help compare nursing homes by looking at the Medicare ratings of a given facility (Medicare has a 5-star rating system for comparing nursing homes). There are various ways for paying for care in a nursing home. Make sure you know your loved one's Medicare and Medicaid eligibility, and understand how you can use tools like long term care insurance to pay for nursing home care.
Also, Autumn Home Plus is an assisted living facility. Assisted living facilities are an apartment-style habitat designed to focus on providing assistance with daily living activities. They provide a higher level of service for the elderly which can include preparing meals, housekeeping, medication assistance, laundry, and also do regular check-in's on the residents. Basically, they are designed to bridge the gap between independent living and nursing home facilities. When thinking about how to pay for care, assisted living facilities are generally less expensive than nursing homes, if assisted living is a viable option for your loved one.
Also, Autumn Home Plus is a Micro community, which means it is a smaller senior community. It is a Residential Care Facility. Some people prefer it for its smaller less institutional setting.
Also, Autumn Home Plus facility provides Alzheimer's care. This means it has special safeguards for wandering seniors, and caregivers are trained in handling dementia behaviors.
Our facility is located in a beautiful neighbor hood,which is located close to shopping and easily accessible.We're in a home which is cozy and not like an institution.Family and friends are welcome to drop in anytime.We have a nice yard and deck for sitting outside.Residents may decorate their own rooms if they wish and have their own furniture.If able our residents are allowed to cook and bake in our facility,with assist of our staff.We have all levels of care and provide activities based on residents abilities.Home cooked meals and friendly staff,caring staff.
Source: SNAPforSeniors, Inc.
- Access to Public Transportation Nearby
- Transportation Provided by Facility
- Guest Parking
- Activity Director
- Designated Family Visiting Area
- Laundry Room(s)
- Laundry Service
- Maintenance Director
- TV/Media Room
- Family Style
- Low Sugar
- Low Sodium
- 24 Hour Up and Awake Staff
- Door Alarms (for exit seekers)
- Emergency In-Room Call System
- Fire Sprinkler System
- Foot Care
- Activities of Daily Living (bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, etc.)
- Catheter Management
- Sitting, Standing, Walking
- Medication Management
- Does Not Sleep Through the Night
- Becomes Disoriented (e.g. Sundown Syndrome)
- Paces or Rummages Habitually
- Seeks exit or Tries to Leave
- Needs Prompting for Their Personal Care
- Breathing Support with Oxygen
- Broken Bones
- Colostomy or Urostomy
- Emphysema or Other Lung Disease (COPD)
- Heart Disease or Heart Failure
- Management of an I.V.
- Management of a Feeding Tube
- Monitored Intake of Food and Liquids
- Tendency To Fall
- Oral Medication
- Insulin Injection Self-Administered
- Insulin Injection Staff-Administered
- Adult Day Care
- Family Members Able to Join at Mealtime
- Family Members Able to Participate in Care Plan
- Specialty Trained Staff
- Safe Wandering Areas
- Regular Assessments by Interdisciplinary Staff
- Environment That is Easy to Navigate
- Daily Planned Recreational and Social Activities
- Activities Tailored to Residents’ Abilities
- Dementia Stage 1
- Dementia Stage 2
- Dementia Stage 3
- Dementia Stage 4
- Dementia Stage 5
- Dementia Stage 6
- Dementia Stage 7
Demographic Profile for TOPEKA, KS, 66617
Cost Of Living
Compared to the National Average
Provided By EPA; Closer to 100 is better
Stormont Vail Healthcare1500 Sw 10 Th St
Topeka KS 66604
St Francis Health Center1700 Sw 7 Th Street
Topeka KS 66606
Nearby Drug Stores
Walgreen Co1001 Sw Topeka Blvd
Distance: 0.8 miles
K Mart Corp2240 Nw Tyler St
Distance: 1.8 miles
Hac Inc2210 North Tyler
Distance: 1.8 miles
Westboro Baptist ChurchPO Box 1886
Distance: 0.1 miles
Christian Science Reading Room727 S Kansas Ave
Distance: 0.2 miles
Mater Dei Catholic Parish735 SW Jackson St
Distance: 0.3 miles