- Please call us for FREE help:
- (866) 531-0695
Sherwood Care Facilities Inc
5503 Duffield Rd, FLUSHING, MI
- Assisted Living
- Micro-Community: Residential Care Facility
- Alzheimer's Care
- Medicare No
- Medicaid Yes
- Veteran's Benefits No
- Long Term Care Insurance No
- Subsidy Available No
Are You the Community Manager?
If you are associated with Sherwood Care Facilities Inc , click the Claim Listing button to contact a representative about a free listing with our referral program.
- Nationwide Network of Care Advisors
- Work with 25,000 families each month
- Market your community with Photos, Videos, FAQ
Do you reside in or have a loved one in Sherwood Care Facilities Inc ?
To be the first to provide feedback on Sherwood Care Facilities Inc click here...
Description of Sherwood Care Facilities Inc in FLUSHING, MI
Built In 1986 , Number of Beds : 12
Sherwood Care Facilities Inc, located in Flushing, Michigan provides the following services: Assisted Living, Micro-Community: Residential Care Facility, and Alzheimer's Care. It accepts the following payment methods: Medicaid. Note that there are no hospitals within a 10 miles distance. The zipcode (48433) in Michigan, where Sherwood Care Facilities Inc is located, has an above average safety rating based on recent crime statistics.
Sherwood Care Facilities Inc is an assisted living facility. Assisted living facilities are an apartment-style habitat designed to focus on providing assistance with daily living activities. They provide a higher level of service for the elderly which can include preparing meals, housekeeping, medication assistance, laundry, and also do regular check-in's on the residents. Basically, they are designed to bridge the gap between independent living and nursing home facilities. When thinking about how to pay for care, assisted living facilities are generally less expensive than nursing homes, if assisted living is a viable option for your loved one.
Also, Sherwood Care Facilities Inc is a Micro community, which means it is a smaller senior community. It is a Residential Care Facility. Some people prefer it for its smaller less institutional setting.
Also, Sherwood Care Facilities Inc facility provides Alzheimer's care. This means it has special safeguards for wandering seniors, and caregivers are trained in handling dementia behaviors.
Sherwood Care Facilities is a comfortable environment interested in giving the best quality of life to it's individuals.
Source: SNAPforSeniors, Inc.
- Transportation Provided by Facility
- Guest Dining
- Laundry Service
- Family Style
- Low Sugar
- Low Sodium
- 24 Hour Up and Awake Staff
- Door Alarms (for exit seekers)
- Activities of Daily Living (bathing, grooming, dressing, eating, etc.)
- Sitting, Standing, Walking
- Medication Management
- Yells, Curses, or Acts Verbally Aggressive
- Does Not Sleep Through the Night
- Becomes Disoriented (e.g. Sundown Syndrome)
- Paces or Rummages Habitually
- Seeks exit or Tries to Leave
- Needs Prompting for Their Personal Care
- Breathing Support with Oxygen
- Developmental Disabilities
- Monitored Intake of Food and Liquids
- Tendency To Fall
- Diabetic Diet
- Oral Medication
- Insulin Injection Self-Administered
- Mental Health Counseling
- Family Members Able to Join at Mealtime
- Family Members Able to Participate in Care Plan
- Environment That is Easy to Navigate
- Activities Tailored to Residents’ Abilities
- Dementia Stage 5
Demographic Profile for FLUSHING, MI, 48433
Cost Of Living
Compared to the National Average
Provided By EPA; Closer to 100 is better
Nearby Drug Stores
The Kroger Co Of Michigan1542 E Pierson Rd
Distance: 4.0 miles
Walgreen Co1570 E Pierson Rd
Distance: 4.0 miles
Rite Aid Of Michigan Inc1565 East Pierson Road
Distance: 4.0 miles
First Baptist Church Flushing5105 N McKinley Rd
Distance: 3.1 miles
Flushing Presbyterian Church5010 N McKinley Rd
Distance: 3.2 miles
St Roberts Catholic Church310 N Cherry St
Distance: 3.3 miles